Infant Sleep Support
Dream On: The Art & Science of Infant Sleep Class (2 hours)
'Dream On' prepares parents for the sleep changes that take place when a new baby arrives. You will not be learning how to shape new babies to fit into lives and schedules. Instead, you will be learning the science behind infant and maternal sleep. Equipped with this information, you will develop the tools needed to create balance in your family's sleep habits. While the science of sleep offers guiding principles, every baby and every family is unique so there is no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all" approach to sleep. That is where the art of sleep comes in: you will learn strategies and approaches that will let you adapt as your needs and circumstances change.
During this class we create a space for mothers and partners to follow their instincts about their new baby, setting the stage for optimal brain development. We want to spread the word that babies wake up through the night, and for good reason. We will share the other side of the sleep story!
As a Sleep Educator, I promote caring for a baby's need no matter the time of day or night. By giving you realistic expectations of your baby, I will save you a lot of the stress, worry, and exhaustion that often affect new parents.
Agenda for the class:
- Intro to "Attachment Parenting"
- The basics of infant sleep
- Common challenges
- Popular sleep training methods
- The impact and consequences of traditional sleep training
- Gentle ways to get a newborn to sleep
- Preparing your perfect nursery
- How Birthing Embrace is supporting new families
Dates in North Vancouver:
- Sept 23, 2018 (Sunday 3:15-5:15pm)
- Oct 21, 2018 (Sunday 3:15-5:15pm)
- Nov 18, 2018 (Sunday 3:15-5:15pm)
- Dec 16, 2018 (Sunday 3:15-5:15pm)
Classes are held at 481 Orwell St. North Vancouver. We are very close to Iron Workers Memorial Bridge.
Note: This class can be taken prenatally , as well as postpartum with babies.